- Bicycling Resources
- Bike to Work Day
Facebook Pages: Using Notes tool to post your web pages RSS to your Facebook Page
Facebook is an important marketing tool for promoting the great work your coalition is doing and building your membership. With a Facebook page and cause, you can keep your members on Facebook aware of your events and activities, connect with new potential members through their friends who are already fans of your group and give your fans the chance to support your org through birthday wishes. If your coalition's website creates an RSS feed, you can even automatically update your presence on Facebook.
Setting up Your Facebook Page to update from your RSS
The most critical piece of a successful Facebook Page is frequent updates. It would take a lot of work to create updates specifically for your Facebook Page, but you can stream your website's own updates to it through the notes feature, making it effortless to maintain your Facebook page.
- Go to your Facebook page (at bottom left of the Facebook webpage)
- Click on the page name (this is also where you cn check your site metrics)
- Choose Edit Page under your site's logo
- Find Notes and select Edit
- Choose Import a Blog
- Then just enter your web page's RSS URL (Example: http://btwd.bayareabikes.org/rss.xml). It may take a while for a message to post from your RSS to your facebook (up to 2 hours).
- If you ever find that new stories from your webpage's RSS stop appearing on Facebook, follow these steps below then follow steps 4,5 and 6. Sometimes it will lose the feed and resetting it like this is the only way to fix it.
7a. Choose Edit Import Settings
7b. Then Choose Stop Importing
After that you can import your blog again and it will find any missed postings. It's a good idea to check your facebook page every few days to make sure posts are still updating.